2021 Summer Road Construction
The closure of 2nd Street north of Vine Street will be occurring Tuesday night, and 2nd Street will be closed north of Vine Street until sometime in the fall. Please make sure to visit the City of Hudson website for additional information at www.hudsonwi.gov.
- Week of April 26, 2021:
- Front Street to Coulee Road segment: Remove trees, pavement, etc. in preparation for utility work; set up temporary traffic signal at 2nd Street/Coulee Road/Buckeye Street intersection; begin pavement repairs
- Coulee Road to Vine Street segment: Begin work on intersection curb ramp improvements (starting on west side at Wisconsin Street intersection, moving to west side at Commercial Street intersection, then moving over to east side at Wisconsin Street and Commercial Street); begin work on lighting system upgrades
- Vine Street to Lake Mallalieu segment: Road closure begins Tuesday night; pavement removal and preparation from utility work between Myrtle Street and Division Street; removal of street boulevard trees
- North Hudson: Removal of street boulevard trees
- Week of May 3, 2021:
- Front Street to Coulee Road segment: Begin sanitary sewer work (night work) around wastewater treatment plant
- Coulee Road to Vine Street segment: Begin work on intersection ramps downtown; continue lighting system upgrades downtown
- Vine Street to Lake Mallalieu segment: Utility work begins at St. Croix Street intersection and will extend in either direction from that intersection.
- North Hudson: Pavement and other removals begin between Monroe Street and Michaelson Street; utilities may begin later in the week
- Front Street to Coulee Road segment: Utility work expected to take 2-3 weeks; pavement and other restoration work will follow after utility work; pavement repairs will be ongoing.
- Coulee Road to Vine Street segment: Intersection corner ramp and lighting work will likely continue into June.
- Vine Street to Lake Mallalieu segment: Utility work will be ongoing through this area through the summer. The contractor will be working to finish up utilities on a block-by-block basis, following behind with grading work, sidewalk replacements, and curb & gutter. Street pavement will occur when the contractor has 2-3 blocks ready at a time.
- North Hudson: Similar to the Vine Street to Lake Mallalieu segment.
The above schedule is dependent on weather and site conditions and any unforeseen circumstances that may arise. The further out the schedule is, the less accurate it will likely be.
For local North Hudson traffic, please be aware that although traffic is allowed via 3rd Street and Division Street to access the Lake Mallalieu bridge there will be times of traffic delays during peak hours. Please do what you can to avoid using the local traffic route during peak times to reduce the backups that will likely occur.